Undergrad By Day

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

MTV. I Like.

If you happen to walk past the new National Library yesterday at about 7pm, you might have seen a quite a sizable group of people clapping and dancing to a band performance.

But not any ordinary band performance. This one didn't have any sound coming from it.

I was part of that band and strangely, I wasn't behind the drums. I was cavorting and putting up a posuer-ish pretense of playing the bass. Unplugged. Not acoustic, really unplugged.. no wires. Even the amps weren't plugged in. There were no sounds except for the sound of the drums and our unamplified singing.

What's up with this? Have I gone mad?

Quite. Anthony from Garage Studios needed a guy to fill in for his bassist for a video shoot yesterday. We were supposed to just pretend to play, to a real crowd, carry real equipment, do clapping and all that.. all video-ed and everything. We even had make-up and proper lighting.. heh.. really quite interesting. I was just playing on some frets, playing "Slither" and a lame attempt at "I will Survive" .. pointless.. even the bass wasn't even in tune I think.

But who cared? The people got their video and I got my 30 bucks for an hour's posuering work. *grinz* but ah.. if you ever get to watch the video anywhere.. please watch it with a pinch of salt. It's sure to be a laugh. Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home