Undergrad By Day

Monday, November 28, 2005

The monster had a name, and it was Software Engineering!

My life, for the last one week, has been heavily revolving around the same preoccupation that has obsessed almost all year 2 IS students. The Software Engineering Project. Let me recount the life-enriching lessons that I have gleaned from this project.

a. I learnt that smoke breaks are between 5-7 minutes long and are the most productive time for stand up meetings. I am unfortunately not part of this meeting. I may have to rethink my position as non-smoker. Right.

b. My thoughts and speech become completely incoherent after the third or fourth consecutive night in school.

c. There is a really cool shower facility on the fourth floor of the IS Building.

d. The simplest way to solve irresolutely stubborn test code errors is to just delete them.

e. The longer I spend sitting down and working, the more restless I get. The more restless I get, the more I feel like eating. Or jumping out the window.

The submission for the whole thing was last Sunday but something in me isn't really quite sure it's over. I keep looking over my shoulder for another required submission or a test code gone wrong. You have to watch out for this kinda thing.. they'll strike back when you're not looking..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home