Undergrad By Day

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Salsa Dancing, Pool Parties... now this is University life =)

I was helping Jinfu last evening with setting up a small sound system for the Caderas Latinas Salsa Beginner Workshop and Social Night.. went off to get some food, came back and there was this whole bunch of people on the 3rd level of the Admin Building dancing to salsa. What a sight! Then Faye asked me to try and learn to dance with her and I decided "why not?' (how could I turn down an opportunity to dance with Faye..). Learnt quite a number of Salsa steps the whole night, thanks to Faye, Martin, Emilio (Emilio!! Love just shouting his name out.. haha), Varsha, Esther and my beginner dancing partner of the night, Steph. =) We were stumbling all over the place but we managed to pull off some turns and stuff so it was okay. I wouldnt have been able to try out all those moves if I was dancing with someone that was really good.. I'd just freak out. haha. Good thing we beginners found each other. Haha.

Anyway, I think Faye has just got me hooked on the whole Salsa dance thing. I can't believe this.. and you probably can't believe this.. but I think I'm going to learn to be a Salsa Dancer when the next bunch of beginner lessons come.

This evening was quite a blast as well. Went down to Sophia Court for Verghel's birthday pool party. The food was so good that I just kept eating. We just chilled by the pool with good pimpin' music blasting out. Hit the pool when the time was right.. (haha..), tossed a couple of people in the pool (Khai was the most ADAMANTLY STUBBORN person I have ever tossed in the pool before), watched Verghel do a good blow on his candles.. and ended off with watching Andre's recording of Ja's singing in school the other day.

Which is available here for download! Haha.. I know you wanna see it.

http://stripedshirt.multiply.com/photos/album/126

All respects to Andre, who I officially declare is the most artistic IS guy in the whole SMU and I must admit arguably more good looking than me. Haha. Cheers.

And oh.. I really should sleep but I'm going to leave you guys with this publicity teaser for my upcoming Theatre Production.. oh the class and I are having so much fun with it. =) Coming November 11th!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home