Undergrad By Day

Friday, June 30, 2006

Dramatis.

It is dark here. There is nothing but a single point of light in the wall and incessant sound of dripping. The water never stops dripping.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

It haunts me in my sleep and consumes my days till I barely know the difference. In the silence, each drip is a raucous bang.

They keep me working. I have things to do and yet I feel like I am doing nothing.. wasting my life away. Day and night lose their meaning. There is no hope. Nothing but the darkness, the single point of light and the incesssant dripping.

But wait! Something's changing... the single point of light.. It grows bigger. Barely noticeable but it has grown. Oh and it continues to grow and suddenly it is a huge gaping door. The light is so brilliant, it hurt. The door is open! Freedom! I am free! Today, I taste freedom like the first sip of cool water upon dried, burnt lips. It has finally arrived..


Yeap, you've guessed it! Today I finally get the internet access at work that my boss has been promising for over a month. Phew! I guiltily admit to immediately turning on MSN. When that didnt work, I installed Trillian. Hah! You can't block all the software ports! The Networking knowledge comes in handy. Muahahaha.. watch out world! I am free!

Ahem.

On another note, I've been catching a lot of theatre recently. I've caught Singapore Art Festival's The Wall and Play On Earth and I also managed to watch StageIt's Sword has Two Edges. Sword was a success.

You know how some productions were a success not because of its acting but because of its set design, mood and atmosphere? Well, Sword was the opposite. The student actors and actresses carried the show and it was not an easy show to carry. The beginning segments had dialogue that utterly murdered. Salute to the lead actress, Tabita. She was on that stage under the hot lights for almost 90% of the show, I believe. Jason as the Prince showed more range that I thought he had. The majority of his scenes were love scenes. Seems like playing Ravana during Wayang Ramayana was good practise, eh? Nadiah surprised me. I admit she surpassed my expectations, she's good! Putra and I were discussing where she must have had all that theatre experience. We then realize that her life was theatre experience enough. =p

All in all, it was a good show. I would have preferred it on a more authentic Chinese-opera stage.. the one with all the planks and all. The white tentage and modern stage kind of didn't do it for me. Still, it is a must watch. Get your tickets if you haven't!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home