Undergrad By Day

Friday, June 30, 2006

If only I had a cigarette box instead

Hey all, I think you can see that my tagboard got a little screwy and it has lost all your congratulatory tags. Thanks for all the congratulations, guys. =)

Been busy trying to get all the airline and accomodation details out. Never really travelled so far before. Everything's new and surreal to me. Still can't imagine going to a place where everyone talks like Josie.

Oh anyway, in case you didn't know, here's the story about the Iced Milo Halia.

We were chilling at the Tanjong Pagar Railway Station stretch of roadside foodstalls when a very fateful leave fluttered right into Syed's hot cup of teh-o. He waslivid, I was wondering if it would taste better.

On instinct, everyone at the table took cigarette boxes or anything convenient and covered the top of their mugs. My convenient item was my handphone, yeap the one that has the cool orange lights on it that moves around. So.. the story goes with the usual laughter and humour for the next one hour. At one point, a particularly good joke drew a rambunctious response from syed who slapped the table in his uproar.

And with hardly a sound, my handphone promptly sank into my cup of half-finished iced milo halia.

I think the Titanic had more warning but yes just like that famous ship, the whole thing was a disaster waiting to happen, on hindsight. I fished it out and surveyed its pale, lifeless face. Where was the orange glow? Where is the lighted screen? Where was that slight electric shock if I put my tongue just there? (i'm kidding)

One of the first thing I noticed was the pretty girl sitting with her family at the next table was laughing at me. Well, I always liked a good laugh but not at the expense of something so precious. But yes, it was funny. I always said that if it was an ordinary cup of iced milo, my handphone just might have survived. But with iced milo halia, it had no chances at all. It's like swimming alone in the open sea versus swimming alone in the open sea with a bloody squirrel tied behind my back and wearing a t-shirt that says "I love sharks fin but I hate sharks". No chance.

So, thats the reason why you'll see me with a stylish PINK 8250. My sister's. Really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home