Undergrad By Day

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Superhero Fir

I came, I saw, I screwed it all up.

I went to take my IPPT today at Khatib camp right after I had a huge meal with my parents at Bugis Junction. Seriously quite full but I figured it'd all be digested in an hour or something. So after changing into my PT kit, registering at the counter and getting my tag, this motley bunch of NS men sat around to watch the IPPT briefing on a small tv screen. That done, we proceeded to the five static stations.

Shuttle Run

The equipment they use nowadays are amazing. You run under this gantry, touch metal strips on the ground and everything will be recorded and stored into your tag. I stepped up and proceeded to begin my first official exercise since I ORD-ed two Aprils past.

Timing: 9.4secs

Wow. That's pretty darn good actually. Surprised.. That's one of the best timings I've ever got. You need to get at most 10secs to score full points and if you take 11 seconds you fail. Ah well.. next station..

Sit Ups

The machine here is this black Mat thing on the floor with a red LED display showing ur tag number and score. Looked like something that jumped out of the Machine City from Matrix Revolution. I sat on the mat and strapped my feet in. Laying down there, I felt like I was about to get processed or chopped by the machine or something. I started the sit ups and the counter started.

Score: 41 sit ups (with 15 seconds to spare)

You needed to do 40 sit ups in 60 seconds to score full points. By this time, I was full of myself. Wow. No training also so fit ah.

Standing Broad Jump

Ah.. this one no problem lah. To the line, JUMP!

250 cm, 6 cm more than the highest minimum score.

What can you expect from super hero fir right?

Chin Ups

I looked at the chin up bar and thought, okay lah.. aim for eight. 6 to pass, at least 2 more for face. Up I go...

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7... ergh.. 8... 9........ 10........ 11........... 11 1/2....... argh.... down.

11 chin ups. Wow. Okay lah. needed one more to score full points but still a whole 3 chin ups more than what I thought I could do.

2.4 km Run

So feeling all super hero about myself I proceeded to the 2.4km track. The PTI told us to rest for about 20 minutes after the static stations..

PFffftt.. do you know who this is? This is Super Hero Fir! I'll run when I want to! and so I did.



and promptly after the first round, got a huge dallop serving of stitches on my right and left stomach. My stomach was so full I felt like I just ate a horse. I was in pain. I wanted to die. I did die, I think.. somewhere after the 3rd Round. 6 rounds of this? I was silently cursing all those oldies overtaking me on my right. I tried to use more of my legs, stride more.. I tightened up my stomach.. I leaned forward, I controlled my breathing... I kept going... finishing line..........


Timing: 15minutes.

ARGH! For the first time in my life, I failed running. 15 bloody minutes! A blindfolded cow can moonwalk around 6 rounds of track faster than that. 6 minutes away from Gold. you could sing a whole song and still have time to spare in 6 minutes.

my dignity now utterly disposed of, I went to school to find my solace, cramping all the way there too I might add.

So yea, moral of the story is.. Super Hero Fir? SERVES YOU RIGHT! My result slip says it all.... FAIL! try harder next time.


Oh but you wait. I'll train and I'll be back!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Darnie Pig said…

    Fifi, SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME...IF U READ MY PREVIOUS BLOGS..... SIGH!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home