Undergrad By Day

Sunday, October 09, 2005

drums = shiok.

Some of you who know me long enough know how insecure I get when I need to perform and drum on stage right after a really good drummer just blazed on the drumset.

Ah well.. those days are gone.. waahaha..

Played at Indochine last night. We didn't win but it was like a kind of special night for me considering the other drummers who played on that same stage that night.

Jordan, plays with the resident band there, also drummer for Rafe, heard he's going overseas to some top class Percussions Institute and get a degree or something. I think Syed says he can come back and set up a drumming school.

Yi Meng, played semi-pro, went through the club and pub circuit. Plays with the symphony orcheastra. Plays with Soul In Session (the other SMU Band to play at Indochine that night)

Kian Ping, the really good drummer guy back in SAJC. When I started to pick up drums, he already 10 years of lessons I think.

Usually, I would be like nervous or something, conscious of my playing.. of the drum skills that I gleaned on my own. Heh. Now, not only do I don't give a damn who else is playing.. I'm happy with my playing style. to boost the ego some more, some big shot musician guy at Indochine said I was pretty good too. Hah.

Just play lah. Enjoy.

Oh anyway, if any of you SMU people are interested..

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home