Undergrad By Day

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

111005 indeed.

Wooaaaahhhhhhh...... I think I'm going to have to break this entry down to parts.

Story of the Mad School Rush

I hit school today at 10plus am, after a whole morning of vivid dreams. Meeting then went down to clear the SA Room. Gee, that was more tiring then I thought it would be. Took almost all the bullshit out and threw most of it away. Good thing Chiching came down to help out. Chiching, you rock.

2 hours of that and I felt weaker than a limp, wet sock and probably as misearble. Tired out. Lifeless. I attributed it to the lack of food in my stomach, the lack thereof causing a definite deficit in much required energy. Yea. I dragged myself to Studio Comm meeting in which I was roused but still in a state of minimal activity (just enough to keep breathing). CJ called it the standby mode..though some of his jokes were corny enough to make maize weep.

Went down to crash a Networking Tutorial session, in which I realized that the Prof wasn't saying anything new. Went down to Classroom 2.1 SESS and quite a bit of the Theatre class was already there. Got the meeting started, broke them down to groups, listed what we needed to do by when. Was pretty efficient so managed to leave at 430 for Maju Camp.

At this point in time, you must be thinking that I pretty much looked like a walking zombie. Some of you might say I look like that all the time (bastards :P). But you must understand, I'm Super Hero Fir and I made a promise to take the damn IPPT so take it I will.

Zonked out in the cab there. The preparation of the IPPT was a no-issue. There were no sophisticated IPPT machines here. In Maju Camp, you do the IPPT old-school (i.e. PTI-surpervised). Except for pull-ups (where a strict PTI counted my 10 pull-ups as 8), I scored 5 points for the static stations. My tongue was limp and I needed a drink but between me and a nice cold glass of water is about 25 minutes and a 2.4km run.

Ergh.

To cut a long story short, I passed and was quite surprised I didn't feel like passing out. Lack of food definitely brought about some light-headedness but who needs a head when you're running right? Er.. yah. So, after taking my results, I went over to my locker, opened it.. took out my Nike shoes (i was wearing running shoes) and my bag, swung my bag over my shoulder and left.. looking forward to a nice glass of water.

It was only when I got off the bus at Tanglin when I realized I forgot to also swing the plastic bag containing my Nike shoes over my shoulder. *smacks head* I left it on the lockers.

Story of the Missing Shoes

Feeling quite an ass of myself, I made my way back to school where I sat down finally to some dinner. Told Edmund (yes the guy who sells brownies/cookies at Kopitiam) about my shoes and asked if he had the guardroom number. He told me his friend could help. I peered at this uncle sitting at a nearby table. I had my doubts.

Edmund came over with a number. I dialled.

Guard Commander : "Hello, Maju Camp Guardroom"
Me: "Hello.. erh.. I just took IPPT at your camp and I left my shoes behind, do you happen to have a lost and found section?"
GC: "Er no.. where did you leave it?"
Me: "At the guardroom I think.. or no.. at the lockers, in front of the Processing Centre. Can I come back to get it?"
GC: "You will have to book in ah"
Me: "Okay, when's the latest time I have to go back there? Eleven can?"
GC: *discussions* "Eleven cannot ah.. wait ah.."
Me: "Okay..." *waits*
GC: "Okay.. I go look for your shoes"
Me: *wah......so good ah??* "Erm okay, thanks. It's grey nike shoes"
GC: "What's your name and number, I'll call you back.."
Me: *gives name and number*

So I went to the Uncle and thanked him for the number and I said.. "Wah, Maju Camp guards quite friendly ah.."
He laughed (nearly his head off) and said.. "That's because I called them first what"

So I started to think that this guy must be big.. CSM? RSM? I was thinking of this while I was heading to the gym for a shower.

*Locked* Argh.. no hot water..

Headed over to the nearby toilets.. No hose, no tap, someone shitting in the cubicle with the hose. I rushed to the toilet beside the seven eleven for a sad, quick, cold shower. The guy had to call me back in the midst of it.

GC: "Ah hello, feda-oos? I found your shoes ah. I keep it with me at the Guardroom, you can come and collect later."
Me: "Okay, okay, power, thanks man"

Haha yay. My grey Nikes are found! Went over to the uncle (after I dried myself and put on some clothes of course) and told him about it. He called the Guardroom.

Uncle: "Hello is this the Guard Commander? Yah, Sergeant Riyen? This is Colonel Seah. Yes, thanks for your help with getting the shoes ah. Yes, he's standing beside me now. I will send someone to go and fetch it from you. Okay good"

My eyes were quite wide. I thanked him and insisted in trying to get the shoes myself, he said Edmund will help pass me the shoes the next day. We talked, I told him that I was from 4 SIR, part of the 6 Division. He told me he was Commander of the 6 Division once.

Woah. What are the odds that this man, sitting almost nonchalantly beside a pastry shop, was willing to help me and had more than enough rank to go around? Humble fellow too. I'll buy him kopi next time I see him in SMU.

Story of the Chijmes Performance

So yes, I made my way quickly to Carnaval@Chijmes with my fatigue walking 3 steps behind. I completely forgot all the songs that I was going to play and quite honestly, I still haven't recovered enough blood in my head since IPPT 3 hours ago. It was a grand crowd of 8 in the beginning but luckily, it filled up pretty quick when we started. The stage sound was crap though, I couldn't hear a thing. We were all tired, playing quite crappily but we were just fooling around and having fun.. Plush was the worst song I've ever performed though.. I was quite begging for it to stop. It was just horrid.

But I was quite over it.. just having fun with the guys and the crowd as we played.. Was drumming out to An Jing when Gerard brought up a birthday cake onto stage for me. Aawww. I blew the candle, *I always take this opportunity to wish for impossible things* and enjoyed the moment when they all sang a birthday song to fifi. So much for making a manly first impression to strangers there, huh? Haha.. Honestly... it was beautiful, thanks guys =)

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU ROCK MY SOCKS OFF. *GRINZ*

Carrie then smashed my face into the cake after which I went on a cake smearing spree. I didn't think I looked tasty but having chocolate smeared on some people arguably makes them look more delicious, no? Haha. Fun night, fun night. Pulse (the next band) rocked the night.

Ending Note

So that was the prelude to my birthday. Quite eventful. Tomorrow doesn't promise that much excitement though but if it's one thing I come away with today is that there are very few things in the world more precious than having a good time with friends that rock.

That and if you believe your shoes are going to come back to you, they will!

Oh and that nobody has access to the gym showers right now.

Anyway, everyone's still welcome to give me presents (haha blatant-blatant). Don't be shy, yah? Haha.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Francesca said…

    that was an insane, crazy birthday!! But it was sooo firdaus..to be running around and daring enough to do a million things in one day.

    i hope the other days of your 22nd year in existence will be filled with many many more pleasures and crazy moments. ;)

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hahaha.. siapa yang shy ni sekarang?

     
  • At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wee Wiitt.. i hadn't realised the FIFI name stuck... hahah i prolly am not the one behind it, but i'm gonna take credit anyway yahh.. hahah FIIIFIII!! *cringe fifi cringe!* hehz

     

Post a Comment

<< Home