Undergrad By Day

Monday, January 30, 2006

To Paul.

Sorry for the utter neglect, guys. I swear I've tried to blog at least three times before but each time something or other caused the blog to lose itself. A lot of what I have to say will be long overdue but still needs to be said nevertheless.

Paul from Garage Studio passed away. He was 26 and a fresh NUS Graduate. He was the guy who would take care of the studio at night. He was never the studio guy. He was a friend and at his wake, there were quite a number of bands. Friends, whose lives he has touched. We sat silent at the table for the most time, listening to his bandmate pour his heart out over his loss. His parents were stoic and welcoming but I honestly nearly cried when I saw the barely masked pain in their eyes. He was their only child, I believe.

Paul's death will always be a reminder for me of the fragility of life and the false notion of the immortality of youth. His death and his life will forever personify my concept of mortality. In his memory, I pray to be able to show to all my friends and family how I really do care for each and everyone. In his memory, I hope that more people are inspired to live the lives they know they should be leading.

To Paul. I hope you are in a better place and blessed with God's mercy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home