Undergrad By Day

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Distractio....

I've been quite distracted these days. 3 things keeping me away from my books.



1. Programming! Yes, I am currently quite enthralled with this new framework and programming language, Ruby on Rails. This may sound entirely geeky but, honestly, Ruby on Rails makes me wanna take a dive into the deep end of the programming pool. It automates a lot of tedious stuff. The programming is clear and makes sense. Good god, it's solid stuff. I'm going to pick it up over the summer.

2. Girls? There are always girls I am attracted to around so its not a new distraction. I have gone out but I haven't really been pursuing. I don't know. I don't make a conscious effort to stay single. I just figure that being with someone should ultimately be a deliberate decision based honestly on communication, attraction and chemistry while not be in a position where it's all lust (or we say its not but it actually really is just lust). Sometimes, someone comes along with that right combination and fits. Sometimes they don't. Not everyone fits.. and I guess you'll never know till you try.

I realize that any girls I may be interested in pursuing would most probably get turned off by the massive amounts of geekiness emanating from the first paragraph. I'm going to prove the world wrong! Programming IS Sexy!

Er yeah.. support me here guys....

disclaimer: this paragraph was initially titled puberty. i couldn't think of any other appropriate word starting with p.

3. Performances. I performed with Seven Till Dawn for the SMU Grand Opening, we also had the Face Off Concert and a performance at Timbre and at the ACF Investiture.. tomorrow I'm going to be playing again.. for the Buckets at Starry Night 3. But this time not just drums but bass! I suck at it and I can't sing backup for nuts but screw all that.. Punkrock!

okay actually not really punkrock. I think some of my friends are going to kill me when they know I'll be playing Fall Out Boy and Yellowcard. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

--

Argh! Exams in less than two weeks!!! Mug dammit mug!

Okay maybe after tomorrow's show.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Programming's not sexy... it's geeky. Your feeble attempts to prove otherwise are futile. Muahahaha.

    Talk with you about the rails thing more after the exams, I think. :)

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger undergradbyday said…

    haha damn. thanks for the heads up guys. i'll probably tell the girls that all that hours of writing on the computer is for erm.. a romantic poem/novel!

    argh they would then wanna read what i wrote. i'll just implement and call a poem web service somewhere or something.

    oh gawd, i AM a geek.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home