Undergrad By Day

Friday, March 10, 2006

rambles rhymes with marbles. bles.

Hello.

The slight fever/flu/sore throat the last three weeks finally reared its ugly head and sank its filthy fangs into the tender flesh of my health. (drama sia..)

In other words, I fell really sick the last three days. I went to the doctor after my Company Law presentation and this was what he said to me

"que sera sera"

heh. okay maybe not that but he did say

"okay i have some bad news. fevers usually don't last till three weeks, as you would know. it could be symptoms of something bigger. anything from Hepatitis B to HIV.."

me: "okay, i think i'm positively sure i don't have HIV." (i mean gee.. no way!)

doctor: ".. so I'm going to give you some medication and in three days come back to me. if you're still like that, gotta send you for full blood test. might need to hospitalize"

me: "i can't get hospitalized, i have a lot of work to do"

doctor: "no choice. just go get at least 8 hours rest a night"

me: "hey, if i can get 8 hours rest a night...."

doctor: "no choice, you want MC?"

me: "eh no need."

okay, so i've been resting at home and skipping classes. luckily my project group mates are accomdating (i still spent 3 hours on a project report which managed to get really good comments from the prof) and most of the classes can be made up on Friday.

thing about me and fevers.. i get really vivid dreams. and there was this dream i had about my ex-girlfriend. i don't usually dream of her but this one felt real. we weren't together in the dream, we were friends in the same apartment. i just remember waking up thinking that she was right and that i was quite the thwat thinking what i thought was the right thing to do back then at pacific coffee. hooray for stupid life mistakes. ah well.

Hello. You still reading? Good on ya. Not very interesting post this one, is it?

I did get my ass to school today, to catch up on some work. Met Haida at the benches of the SIS building and had dinner with her at Burger King Peninsula Plaza, which she didn't know existed. Then went to the Up Close and Personal session with Chris Ho. Interesting guy, amazingly wide knowledge of great artistes and songs. He gave me a CD. Blue by Joni Mitchell, I think it is. We had to draw lots among the fifteen of us there to get the CD and I got it. the jedi mindtricks really come in handy.

i should be sleeping but I think i've been oversleeping the last few days. i've either been sleeping or thinking. thinking about the kind of person i am today and how for some strange reason, it's a little different from the person i knew coming into SMU. prouder, more cynical. more inhibitions. less fun. i guess i could always think up and pinpoint the things in my life i could blame for turning me into this but that's hardly any point in that is it. i'm not going to let it get me so from today onwards i am going to

a. be more humble and give more respect to others (sorely lacking in this area, i am)
b. lower my inhibitions, reach out more and spend more time with family and friends

it's only human to be flawed, i guess the best we can do is to look at ourselves in the mirror every other day and try to make a change for the better.

and no, this isn't the fever talking. just the result of having some time to self-reflect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home