Undergrad By Day

Friday, April 07, 2006

I think I rather have projectmates that bite and tear off limbs

Hi all,

I have spent many hours compiling the report, totalling 170 pages so far.

The report still does not have the Chi-Square tests for Analysis for Peak Periods.

Also, the entire 20 over pages for the Chi-square tests for Occupation is invalid because the chi-square has mostly expected counts of below 1. As stated right at beginning of those 20 over pages.. (I guess you missed the required guidelines in the midst of copy and pasting).. The expected count needs to be at least 1 and 80% of it needs to be greater than 5. I hope that you could combine all occupations listed and categorize them instead into STUDENT, SENIOR CITIZEN, WHITE COLLAR, BLUE COLLAR and OTHERS. This should allow for a valid chi-square test. Please put it in word document format.

I hope that this can be done by tonight so that I can compile and we can hand the report in tomorrow.

Otherwise, I’ll just hand it over for printing. Our group grade (another 20%) will be affected accordingly.

Cheers,
Firdaus

=== word for word reply at 12:47pm the next day===

Hi Ahmad,

As far as the chi square for the peak period is concerned. We had discussed in the previous meeting that it is needed. And, i even tried tabulating the chi-square statistics on the SPSS, but it gave an error message.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Helga -> name has been changed to protect identity

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home